Friday 18 December 2015

MY SON AND I FIGHT ALOT-BUKKY WRIGHT

Apart from being an actress and movie producer, Bukky Wright is also a record label owner. Many were not surprised when the delectable actress signed her son, Ojay, on to her label.

Speaking with Saturday Beats, Wright and her son revealed that they quarrel a lot. One of such episodes surfaced online recently when Ojay expressed bitterness towards his mother on twitter for her refusal to release his song.

Reacting to the tweet that went viral, she said, “I own the record label which he is signed on and I believe in putting out nothing but the best. My son’s work was literally complete but I told him to hold on a bit. His fans were pressuring him and I told them that they had to wait till it was ready.”

She said that even though they criticise their works constructively, they agree to disagree. She further told Saturday Beats that she insisted her son complete his education before venturing into music.

“My son and I quarrel a lot over business. I am his number one critic the same way he is my number one critic and we agree to disagree a lot. The good thing is that he is like me and I am a very blunt person. We say things as they are.

“I noticed my son’s talent about 10 years ago and because I believe so much in his talent, I had to open a recording studio for him. I remember telling him to make me proud by going to school first and I would do everything to support him. I have done my part and it is left for him to do his part by releasing good music.”

On his part, Ojay, said that although he and his mother have constant disagreement over creative matters, it is always done with love. He said that his mother’s desire was for him to become a surgeon but she is still proud of his music career.

“I chose my mother to be my manager because she inspires me. It is tough working with her and we clash a lot of times but it is fun working with her. The tweet that went viral was about a disagreement I had with my mother over the time we wanted to release a song. I really don’t care if people say that I am leveraging on my mother’s success as a music artiste. I am just happy to have a successful mother,” Ojay said.

No comments:

Post a Comment